Kelly Antoine Hunter is a native Miamian and a proud Bethune-Cookman University Wildcat where he received his Bachelors degree in Business/Hospitality Management in 2007. Kelly is an event planner/producer, caterer, and entrepreneur extraodinaire. As the president and C.E.O. of King of Foods, Inc., his primary focus is producing unique family oriented events while creating opportunities for other small businesses.
Visit Kelly at www.Kingoffoods.com or Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for upcoming events, recipes, and food shows.
1. So what are you working on now?
I’m currently working on my 3rd annual, “KING OF RIBS” BBQ Cook-off & Fest, as well as “King of Foods Catering” and event planning. My new venture, “Home Team Sports” promotes sporting events.
2. Where did you get your inspiration?
I thank my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ for giving me the inspiration to produce exciting and diverse events for the tri-county community.
3. What have been the challenges that you’ve faced since you started your business venture?
As an entrepreneur, my biggest challenge is on producing/promoting all aspects of my events. Also, large corporations tend to sponsor million dollar commercial events, but the challenge is in securing corporate partners that would sponsor newer companies such as mine.
4. Were there any resources or help that you were able to use to help in developing your company?
I simply began researching the industry, consulting with other entrepreneurs, and just having a bold courage and guts. I also surrounded myself with determined individuals just as driven or even more driven that I am. I also have to say that hearing the word ‘NO’ several times was great motivation to push myself twice as hard.
5. For a new entrepreneur, what would you say is the greatest challenge, other than finances, to getting a new business off the ground?
One of the greatest challenges for getting a new business off the ground is building a skilled, dedicated, and hardworking team.
6. How would you describe doing business in South Florida? What are the pros and the cons?
One of the pros in doing business in South Florida is having a myriad of resources to choose from. However, one the cons to doing business in South Florida deals with engaging the local community to patronize small businesses and new ideas.
7. What are your future plans for your company? What’s your vision?
My five year vision for King of Foods, Inc. is to produce annual marquis events for the tri-county community similar to “The Jerk Festival” and “Jazz in the Gardens,” bringing great exposure and revenue to local small businesses and entrepreneurs.
8. How do you think your company would benefit from an organization such as YPN Miami and the Miami-Dade Chamber?
YPN/Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce supports King of Foods, Inc., by promoting our events and ventures in the community.
Visit www.Kingoffoods.com and/or Facebook, to find more information of my upcoming events.