JOB OPPORTUNITY: GRANTS WRITER/FUNDRAISER
Send resumes to Taustin@
Mourning Family Foundation is seeking a Grant writer/Fundraiser under the supervision of the President. Responsibilities include but not limited to the following
• developing grant proposals
• writing grant proposals and follow up reports
• engages with program officers to solicit invitations and submit proposals
• maintain accurate records on all activities;
• actively research foundation, corporate, government and other prospects
• write follow up reports to funders
• maintain contact with all funders
• maintaining donor list
• creating, maintaining and implementing funding calendar including cultivation activities
• create, write and edit organizations newsletters
• develop new strategies and ideas to engage the participation and support of our giving public (launching giving campaigns, fundraising emails etc..)
• special projects (as needed)
This person will be responsible for the organizations private and government grant making programs, including solicitation and reporting. They will also be responsible for creating and developing the foundation’s newsletters, direct mail solicitations and non-event related fundraising activities.
Requirements are Bachelor`s degree from an accredited college or university and some related experience. Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent editing skills. Effective organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills. Must have ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, Donor Perfect applications and Internet research is desired. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends in support of development and organizations activities.
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behavior)
Must possess a commitment to the belief that all people have the right to dignity respect, opportunity and full community inclusion. Must have a philosophy that is consonant with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization. Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals; strong editing skills; attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment; knowledge of fundraising information sources and basic fundraising techniques and strategies; knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research; strong contributor in team environments; ability to monitor and meet income goals.
Hiring Range: Based on qualifications and experience